Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Buddy About New Year's

On 1 January I wrote that my old college classmate and I left for the Roastery. I had tried to fix the screen door but it didn't happen. We parked and looked at the menu. I ordered what he got.  I told him about my thing as of late and about our relationships.


He wanted to go to the reservoir but I suggested we walk the creek. He showed me some of the locations he had inspected as an environmental officer. He got a call from a buddy about New Year's eve.


I complained about the bike paths through the area.  We looked at a bike shop and LUther Burbank's house before walking around the town center. There was construction. We visited a bookstore and then went to get a beer.


We hatched a plan to get his girlfriend on our way to the house. At his apartment I got to know Bleach and noted that their tree was really dry. At the house my friend was napping but we made a bunch of noise. I said bye to my old classmate and his girlfriend a short while before she came out.  We had dinner before the party texted to say they wanted us to be there so we got ready and left early.


Once there we got some wines out and I had some whiskey. I had sat across from a bunch of acquaintances and some neighbors were at the end of the table. A lady from a solar company sat with my friend.  I got to try some 101 N. beer before we went to the bonfire to watch a bunch of dudes burn green wood.  We sat next to the host of the party while his associate sang the classics.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment