Sunday, December 25, 2016

Save SF Bike Candidates

On the fifth of December I wrote that the roommate would hold down the apartment around 7 o'clock. My friend and I got on the bikes then and rode to sixth. From there we parked our bikes in the lot out back and headed to the shop where Winterfest was.

A prominent SFBike candidate was out front and we saw the car free lifestyle dealers as we entered. We went downstairs and ordered beer. I saw a professor I knew. We went to the bar and I got a drink. We spoke to some car free list serve people and my friend’s riding partner and three other people.

My friend and I decided to go to the top floor with her riding partner. We went to the women bike table and spoke to a candidate. We also saw a well known bar owner and asked him about Paris. We spoke to a librarian I was acquainted with and I also her husband an art teacher charged with curating the art auction.

We went and voted for the board. I mostly voted for at save SF bike candidates that I had met or heard about. We took the stairs down and walked to the food. I told my friend - who was talking to an architect we knew that I would get another beer.  I got her a coconut water.

We went and looked at the bikes. A very familiar person knocked my beer over and the event photographer told me it was all right. We were talking to the architect over some foldie when we saw a game artist my friend knew. She confirmed that we had seen her a few days earlier at Fourth and King when she had done the market sweep.

We went upstairs to the photo booth. My friend spoke to a local journalist and then we took a photo. We also interacted with a couple of people from the midweek bike ride and some random guy. We spent the next twenty minutes in conversations we were trying to get out of.  We also looked at the art before playing catch up with a couple of people we knew from the car free happy hour.

We went down and got our jackets before we went to the valet. There we saw my friend’s riding partner and tried to ride with her but she was busy with some guys she knew.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment