Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pouring Very Heavy Pours

On 1 December I wrote that I had had breakfast with my friend before I headed off to the hashtag event.  Upon my entrance I immediately saw the regulars.  One of them had brought a new guy - an engineer who was visiting from out of town.

I spoke with a few close colleagues before getting a drink.  I met a lady at the bar who said she would be having a fundraiser for an ailing bartender. I told her about my grandfather.

I returned to the group and started talking about some business that one of the group and I had done.  There was an armagnac tasting and we all took part. The stewardess wasn't pouring very heavy pours though. I tried talking to my colleagues about web development.

I bought some people a beer as one of the people I invited - a city worker - came in.  He greeted me but spent a lot of time after that with the stewardess. Later I spoke to a couple of the regulars until a number of people indicated they were leaving.

Eventually I got three people to visit a local hacker space on Mission Street. One of the guys had business there so we tagged along. We went down Albion Clarion. Upon our arrival I found a beer to share.  Our contact had his own cubicle that he had to push everybody out of. After spending some time there we walked to BART and I headed to the apartment.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment