Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Impressed with The Turkey

On 26 November I wrote that I had finished writing and I had gone upstairs to the living room. I found that my nephew wanted to go on a bike ride when I got there. However, my neice wanted my brother to stay. I told them we would leave and she started to cry.

My friend intervened then and the three of us to 45th and Lincoln. I had a trike but it was low on power. We went to the Polo Fields and raced. Then we climbed to Prayerbook Cross and enjoyed the breeze. I had brought some beer.

Later we finished the beer at the beach before climbing up the hill to Sutro heights. I took a great picture.  We rode back following my nephew to Great Highway. I spent some time in the bedroom. Upstairs it was slowly becoming dinner time and when I came up it was being served. I sat down as Mom was taking a picture.  I stole dad's wine.

I had trouble getting everything on my plate because of my arm. My niece helped a lot. I would avoid saying certain things because people didn't like my comment sometimes. I tried all the food that I could because my friend had made quite a bit of it. I was not impressed with the turkey so had cranberry sauce with my potatoes

We took a break and eventually Clue and Scrabble came out. I sat at the table with my nephew and the men. The ladies played Clue in the other room. The game started out OK with my brother-in-law’s family fighting for control but they were falling behind. I got a beer and my brother got ahead of me.  However, I got a head again when I returned after I had gotten a tea for the ladies.

I was working on another word when we were only had two tiles left.  The other teams became anxious as I floundered and failed at getting anything done. The kids looked over my shoulder and the tension rose. My sister was complaining of how long the game took.

Eventually my brother started challenging everything that I put down. When I finally put something down that I liked I knocked over a beer, gave up and went downstairs.

Next morning I was up around 645 and later while I was napping Mom and my brother made plans to go to the DeYoung. We decided that everyone would go with my friend and I to the cafe before heading to the museum.  We walked faster than the others and ordered before they came. We sat discussing the coffee and talking about pictures.

We left when we knew my sister was on her way. The train was prompt and we all got seats. we saw my sister as we arrived at ninth. The eight of us walked in the park. At the bandshell we looked at parking tunnels and a musician.We broke up in the lobby. I was with my sister getting tickets. We went downstairs to the Frank Stella exhibit. As we walked I determined I really like the aluminum series. The more colorful Benjamin Moore series was also nice.

My friend bought a print at the gift shop. We went to the cafĂ© and had lunch then.  Everyone made plans to go home and I went with my brother to look at the Asian exhibit.  While walking around we discussed Semple and Sauer. We discussed Jared Diamond and Ratsel.

Later we walked through the park enjoying the air until we got to the 7 bus. We walked to the apartment after that.  Then we went and had Thai curry on Haight Street.  After that we made our way to the Outer Sunset to meet our friends.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment