Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Start of Bridgeway

On 28 November I wrote that I prepared for my ride and headed to a coffee shop for a bike ride with an engineer I knew. She was only a little late and we set drinking coffee until my acquaintance from the East Bay showed up. She was a a slower club rider and had seen my ride on the Coalition website.

Once we were saddled up we rode to a local bike shop swell before heading into Golden Gate Park past the Polo Fields. The engineer indicated she had done this route multiple times. We had done it the first time on Bike to Work Day.

We wrote from 20th and Fulton to 15th then and went to the golf course. The club rider had trouble with the climb. I had to stop at the course store and we stopped at Pacific Overlook too.  Then we crossed the access ramp to the Golden Gate Bridge and crossed the bay on the west side.

After we crossed the bridge we looked at our options and then wrote down the main road. I let them go first but passed the slower one at the bottom.  When I reached the second rider I told her to go ahead while I waited.  We swapped as we headed into Sausalito and I waited at the start of Bridgeway.

After this we hung out at the ferry Plaza before going on to explore the parking lots on the way to Davy Jones's Deli. I got a sandwich after waiting and watching the bikes. A bit later we went the same way back.

We hung out at the terminal and had our meal there. After that we hopped on the ferry and left our bikes downstairs. I got a drink and the three of us talked about our lives.  I remember big weddings was a subject.

Before we got to the ferry building I had us get our bikes ready. The attendants tried to deter us while also trying to help. That made my arm hurt. We said bye to the club rider at Embarcadero station and rode to the Wiggle.

The engineer and I had a good conversation while rising to the Panhandle.  We rode to the JFK street closure and then to Middle and Martin Luther King. We said bye on Judah and I went to the house.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment