Friday, June 24, 2016

Taking Things Too Personally

On the eighteenth of June I wrote that I caught a train out of RWC around 530 and went to Mib and then rode to Venga from 16th.  I went to the apartment and spoke to my friend and a short bit later headed to Kinkos.


They said their printer wasn’t working at that point so I headed off to the bike fundraiser at a bar in the TL.  I sat at the bar for a bit and made a new order at Kinko’s on Van Ness.  I was looking through ACS data while the MC was doing the raffle.  I saw the usual suspects.  My riding partner wasn’t there but his wife was and she acted like I wasn’t grateful because I didn’t feel like getting too involved.  She said that I was taking things too personally.

Someone tried to sit with us but realized we weren’t having an easy conversation.  She sounded like she wasn’t interested in interacting with me after that and I decided to leave a bit later.  I went to Kinko’s and got my order.  The cost was too high.  I returned to the apartment then and my friend and I spent a few hours together.  I mostly complained about the fundraiser.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at around 745 and went with my friend to Craftsman and Wolves around 830.  We had breakfast and then walked to a class nearby.  I took notes and as we were leaving I struck up a conversation with a lady with my last name.  My friend and I then went to BJ’s and Four Barrel before returning to the apartment.

I started rearranging the room while she was lying down.  We made a plan and then I went to the living room to tidy and organize while she napped.  When she was done resting we moved the furniture.  I had moved some things into the hall and one of the roommates came in and needed me to move it.  She was walking out as we were moving the dressers.  I had a lot of trouble with the rug as we were finishing up.

My friend was busy so I left her to tidy.  When we were ready we walked the Brompton to Haight, dropped our letters in the mail and rode to the Sunset.  We talked to nurse on the bus.  At the house we dropped our stuff in the room and had tacos with mom and dad in the dining room.  I spent some time downstairs alone while mom and my friend started Legends of the Fall.  I had ice cream with them as the movie was ending.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment