Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I Was Drinking Prosecco

On the twelfth of June I wrote that it was around 1145 when I start writing the day before.  I told my brother that people were at the ferry building waiting for us.  He needed to check on his car so we I took in the summer air while walking to Church Street. He got her sunglasses and we took the a train from Church Station.

We went to Embarcadero and when they headed off to the fruit stands I walked over to grab a coffee at Peet’s.  It was later that I found my friend with her sister’s family.  My brother was missing at that point. They offered a bunch of massive bags filled with good stuff and I agreed to carry back to the apartment.

I went to find an extra bag and when I returned my brother was there saying goodbye to my friend’s family. I went to Peet’s to repack one of the bags and then we went and found mom, dad, and my brother-in-law. He and I put the bags on some bike shares and we rode to Delaney behind the group. My brother and mom bought sandwiches and my friend and I sat a while.  I was drinking Prosecco. We headed to the ballpark then and I showed mom how to ride bike

Much later my friend and I took the bikes out to the ferry building and then we caught an F train. Later I said bye to her and stopped by the home of a mutual acquaintance of ours.  There I met their border- a lady from France- and we walked to Church Station.  It was a strange bit of deja vu where I ended up taking another train downtown.  However, this time we rode to second to meet another French lady and then the three of us went in to AT&T Park to watch the Giants play agains the Dodgers.  Our seats were were on the third deck of the stadium right behind my siblings and parents.

I got the ladies a drink and hat. I also made small talk and even tried to make conversation. I also interacted with pops and the other family sitting nearby.  I went to have a sandwich and ended up sitting with my older sister. Mom took a lot of photos. One of my brothers-in-law had to go early.  I made a little bit of conversation with the French ladies after that but not very much.  My niece did too.

At some point I said bye to them and headed off to the club level with my brother.  There we had drinks and really paid attention to the game as it wound down. It was tied but then the Dodgers got a run. I managed to find out how to sneak into the reserved seating below us and we were able to get a good view of home plate.

There was a family in front of us and we were kind of bothering them. We thought the Giants were going to lose and it was in the 10th. So we returned to the family on upper deck. We were surprised to see Buster Posey had a homerun and game was over.

I said goodbye to everyone and then my brother and he, his friends from Oregon and I went to Alameda on the ferry. We took my brother’s youngest neighbor to the hotel and then later we went to the Bocce bar where we play Jenga over cocktails. Later we walk up Broadway and 12. We said goodbye to the Oregonians.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment