Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rare Insights

My last post makes it clear that I have no trouble looking for stuff to write about. I try to make it to several events each month; like First Thursdays Art Walk at galleries near Union Square. With nearly 30 of galleries spread over three blocks, there is a wide variety of places to visit and each has a different specialty. I have collected their postcards for years and now a number of them send me an email nearly twice a month. You can find these emails at knfnewsletters.blogspot.com. Another event I go to is Bike Party which is the next day usually. This month we climbed to the top of Twin Peaks and then rode to the Potrero del Sol playground in the eastern Mission. I like this group a lot because we go to all of these interesting places. Sometimes it is the Dogpatch and others Ocean Beach. There are fun activities too.

It can be difficult for me to write each of my posts because the only free time I can find is usually after work. To tighten my procedure for posting to my blog, I have a three step process where I both transcribe my notebook as well as post. With scarcely a day of lag time when a thought goes into my notebook and when I use it to write my post, it almost seems like I am taking each step simultaneously and this can cause a surreal confusion of thoughts and feelings. However, parsing analysis of the resulting content illuminates rare insights.

I started editing this on 072812.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an aglomeration of my notebook pages.  In each of these posts I used only my notes to hash out ideas taht I have hit apon in the recent past.

No comments:

Post a Comment