Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wavelengths, Distortion and Interference

Every day I take the courageous step of writing about my life and do so regardless of how difficult, emotional and personal each event is. I do this mostly because it makes for better writing. As I have cycled through this process it has become more sophisticated and complex. I keep notes, post to a private blog space, keep a notebook and edit each piece to make them fit for public consumption. Looking back in this way helps me to find good topics. As the process has become more complex, it has also revealed wavelengths, distortion and interference that would have been imperceptible via a more simple process.

In the beginning, I saw my notebooks and private posts as a dead end. Many of them aren’t understandable to anyone but a short list of people—a liability in and of itself. Also, I have written so many of them that fully editing and posting them publicly would take months to years of work. However, it is useful to see the process I go through for what it really is: write, think, forget, move on, rewrite, reassess and remember. While each and every cul-de-sac or closed circuit may never make it into public view they nevertheless inform each of these steps. At the end of each cycle, I can look back at the network I have created with a complete understanding of the energies that flow through them.

I started writing this on 081312.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an aglomeration of my notebook pages.  In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment