Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sandoval Made the Splits

The weekends during this period were filled with trips to the movies (e.g. Batman) and a visits with friends in the East Bay. I rode through the Excelsior once and met a friend who was volunteering for Sunday Streets in the Bayview. I also regularly had coffee with my coworker Rick during this period. I was also trying to update my resume too. I remember that I had been eating at Sunrise Falafel a lot during this period. I like that place.

On this day specifically the Pablo “Panda” Sandoval made the splits catching a ball and pulled a hamstring.  I was having a beer at Yancy's.  It was impressive because he got the out but it left me with mixed feelings. He looked funny—I mean really funny.  None of us laughed though because we knew it was not going to be good. Later it turned out that he was off the field for a week only but that was close.

During this period in my life I was grappling with the fact that having a job also means that you have no free time. In between getting to and from the job it is so hard to do the things that really matter. Later this week I would be looking at some real responsibility at work as well as trust issues with my coworkers. I saw a time travel movie around this time as well.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment