Friday, April 22, 2011

One week till Cycling Class

None of the things in the last post got done this week. I got an email earlier this week putting my letter of recommendation into question and then decided that I needed to think about it. I also began the process of upgrading my old outlook emails. This has taken too long but at least I have developed an new understanding of how to do it and it seems to work... in starts and stops.

I believe that I will go to the phone shop today to look into replacing my phone. I also need to figure out the restore on my dell so I may stop using the Dell that pops lent me.

In the meantime Rodrigue sent me my thesis back. This means that I need to find time to read what she sent me and to figure out a time frame for the edit and some comments and/or questions for our meeting on Friday.

The task of "ten" jobs that I gave myself is still doable but I feel that I really need to get on it before Monday or else I lose. This means that I need to try putting a call through to this Jan person- the last person in Matt Schwartz's office that I haven't spoken to.

I find that as the computer console recedes during my trips around town I begin to lose sight of my priorities. This is to say that if I want to "get things done" I need to be near the computer.
----

I am back from connecting my computer to the internet and registering my copy of Windows. I suppose that I had just done it wrong the first time but I could come back in a few days and discover that the computer won't work. That wouldn't be a first.

I will next have to go to the telephone people but I think I should look through my emails first and identify the person in Schwartz's office that I haven't spoken to yet.---- I just left her a message on her extension. I am under the impression that it is okay to just have the letter sent to Matt (or whoever Blayne thinks is appropriate) so I will try and get it done by the end of the weekend.

Looking over the last blog post I think that I need to look into the motel situation in the southland. This means that I have to consider the possibility that the BS Inn is sold out, however I want to say that the situation in LBC isn't the most important. I want to say that Man Beach and Glendale will be. I spoke to Lena and she said that it isn't likely that they Days Inn (450 West Pioneer Drive, Glendale, CA 91203 (818) 956-0202) have availability for the 29th and the rate will be $100. I am thinking that the BS will be maybe $60. If I want to stay near the party for Nel I will have to pay a lot. Otherwise I may be able to get a discount.


This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment