Thursday, April 14, 2011

Since I Last Wrote

Hey Kevin,

No worries about the email mishap. That shit is always changing right under our noses. Thanks for your sympathy for my shoulder. It is about 98% better now, although there was a time when I thought I may never be able to lift my arm again. Turns out bodies heal. It is an amazing process to experience. The details of the accident are pretty unglamorous and basically involve me thinking I was more capable of balance and judgment after drinking too much. It made for a great story at the ER, but I am not terribly proud of that night.

Things have been improving since I last wrote to you. Spring is finally totally here, which means there are buds and flowers everywhere, but is also means the weather is insane, hail, rain, sun, wind, it changes about every 30 min. The job thing is also changing. I am leaving the place I'm at now (which I pretty much despise), and probably starting a new position with the City again in late May. I hope to do a little traveling before that all happens. Sorry to hear things are rough in SF too. Things seem to be affecting people in seriously bad ways lately, and it doesn't look like there is much improvement in sight. I think the days of careers and retirements are over. Anyway, keep me posted on how things go for you and definitely let me know if you make it up to Portland at some point. It is a beautiful place in the summer.

Talk to you soon,

Caitlin

"build a revolution in which speaking and listening to somebody becomes the first and last purpose to every social encounter." --june jordan


This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment