Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Pub Called Diggers

On May fifth, 2023, I wrote that the night before I went to bed at one in the morning after buying an Amtrak ticket home. I woke at 6:45 and seven in the morning and then I got up at 7:30. I quickly grabbed my stuff, made some, sure the door was locked and a couple of lights on. I wore a mask and took the 49 to McAllister. I went to Peet’s where my regular barista gave me a coffee and I saw the regulars.

I went to catch a 101 but it was canceled. So, I took a 150 to San Rafael and transferred to an SMART after enjoying the crisp morning air. I rode the train texting people I know before getting to Petaluma. I met a twitter acquaintance at Petaluma Coffee and Tea. We caught up and then I walked for the Amtrak bus and headed out to Willits. The bus was four minutes late.

I learned that I could have brought my bike. I noted that the trip to Ukiah was OK. I got fig bars and ginger ale at Lucky before returning to the bus. At Willits I caught the local bus to my room where I had a quick phone call with my boys. They were drawing and doing other stuff.

A little while later I walked to the hardware store and then to a Mexican restaurant. Then I went to Shanachie Pub. They were getting ready for music. I thought it was a very cute pub, but it didn’t have what I needed. I walked to the pub called Diggers and I had a beer. The bartender was very interesting. She asked me about policies at the agency I work at so I gave her my card. She also had gone to my university.

I walked back to my room and turned on my computer and settled in for the night.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment