Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The Levees on The Lake

On May 27, 2023, I wrote that the night before the boys crawled into their tent to go to sleep and I took the time to explore the campground we were staying at – Beal’s Point on Folsom Reservoir. I got ready and went to sleep with out any real problem.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I walk at around six and got up at seven. The boys didn’t want to go get up but I pushed. I gave the boys time to have a snack and drank a can of coffee while they played. Later I got everything hidden in the tent because the boys really wanted to ride north along the lake.

It was only a few minutes later when we headed to the levees on the lake and moved off to explore the neighborhoods nearby. I noted that the boys had made a chessboard out of rocks the night before, on one of the levees where we passed on the way and I let them play with it.

The sun was kind of hot though. We stopped at a nearby supermarket where I got batteries and some fixings for dinner. I got some coffee and donuts. Then we rode up Douglas Bl into the local Lakewood neighborhood. From there we found the secret alley behind fancy homes to the equestrian staging area in the Granite Bay area of the state parks.

The boys played and later we rode to the edge of the Los Lagos neighborhood where I explored some of the trails. After that we rode back to the lake via the park trails. We followed the lake side until we returned to camp and I took a nap.

In the late afternoon we put on sunscreen and rode up to the lake on the cargo bike to go swimming. The boys were not serious about swimming but it turned out OK. The view was great. I took the boys back to the campsite and made ramen with sprouts, pimentos and chicken broth.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment