Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Riding up The Hill

On April 7, 2023, I wrote that I took BART to Glen Park for Bike Party SF. I saw participants on the train. They had just been to the memorial for a man who had died in the Presidio on Arguello. At the station I saw other regulars and there were new people. I noted that the regular sweep was on his cargo bike. We rode up Chenery to Elk, through the park and on to O’Shaughnessy. A guy I had known on and off was there with his big camara.

I passed everyone and headed up to Portola. I continued as they waited at the gas station. I met a lady while I was waiting for the group. She was riding up the hill with me. We continued to ride up the hill together but I gave her space.

I hung out with acquaintances. I introduced people and that was nice. Someone found a lost phone. The ride descended to Portola and Market and then descended on the viaduct to the bottom.

There was a tandem that was riding with us and they crashed around Sanchez. I saw even more people I knew. I met a mechanic. At Justin Herman I saw EBBP people and connected with people from Butter Lap. I met the woman who had lost her phone. We traced the chain of custody and got it back for her.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life.

This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment