Saturday, July 1, 2023

Stop in Historic Town

On May 14, 2022, I wrote that I was with my boys at Sacramento Station. We missed a train because of the ticket machine. Then we had to lift the bikes inside. The ride was easy. Some lady sat next to me and she told me about how many bikes were allowed. The boys had to push the buttons on the doors.

The ride was OK. We got off at Iron Point and that weirded everyone out. We went to Dad‘s hotel where I got some Haribo gummy bears. I canceled his room because he was sick. Dad spoke to me on the phone. The ride to Safeway was hard because it was in the sun and uphill and the boys had to deal with a terribly build car oriented city infrastructure. The store was easy enough but it took too long.

We found a rail path and took Diggins Drive like normal. We had to stop in Historic Folsom to recharge with quesadilla and juice. The bridge was easy but we broke some rules. The climb was easy at first but the boys had to stop twice – they were upset. At the top we were ready to collapse.

My younger sister was already at site 34 and 32. I took 32. My older sister arrived as we were winding down. I fed the boys a sandwich and some Haribo gummy bears. The tent was up as my nephews started building their‘s. That night my boys went to sleep fine and I sat with my sisters after we ate. I only had to check on them twice. I sat with my sisters’ families until late and when nearly everyone went to bed I sat with my nephews until two in the morning.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I woke up really early. My kids got up fine. We sat with my brother-in-law, who had made coffee. Later I took the boys off for our morning routine and then we had a meal with some cousins who live nearby. The boys played trucks in the sand in our site.

Later we all went up to the lake on our bikes. The view was really great even with the water so low. I swam with my boys. A college classmate stopped by with their 2 1/2 year old. When we finished we rode back to the campsite and I noted another college classmate was planning a visit.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment