Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Granite Bay

On May 15 2022 I wrote that when my old college classmate showed up with his kids at our campsite at Beal’s Point, my brother-in-law was making delicious chicken tacos. Later we wound down for the night with everyone settling into their own tent. Then we walked around the lake parking lot talking about work.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I woke up at five and six. I got a Claritin at seven from my sister and then I lobbied for coffee. After that I bot the boys up and broke the tent down. Then a few of us got ready to ride out towards Granite Bay. We met at the parking lot. I was riding a borrowed bike. He went out on the levees and all of the boys fell off of their bikes.

When we were back to the campground cleaned up and bandaged, we said bye to everyone. My sister had everyone sign a card for my birthday and mother’s day and we sent a picture they took to the boy’s mom.

Later I rode with the boys to Rainbow bridge. They were fine with the ride. I got them ice cream and had a coffee. Then we went through Mississippi bar until Nimbus Dam. I got us a room at the Hampton. We refreshed ourselves and did laundry.

After that we went to the spaghetti factory and ate in front of the Fort Brock Brewery. The ride over Hazel was hard but the bike pedestrian crossing was really nice. I let the boys watch HGTV until bedtime.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment