Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A Protected Bike Path

In the morning of April 30 of 2022, I wrote I was up at 8:30. The boys were watching TV. I helped dad and had coffee. Then I collected everything and the three of us rode up 45th to Vicente and over to Wawona. The traffic on 45th was bad but Crestlake behind Sigmund Stearn Grove was OK – the area across from the reservoir on 22nd was destroyed from a landslide from the Hetch Hetchy supply had ruptured.

Later I noted that Ocean was a little hard but getting to Urbano – Eucalyptus and Moncada - was OK. We took Montfort and Ocean to my uncle's house but he wasn’t there.

I took the boys to the cafe on Ocean and picked up some beer while the boys explored the playground. We rode around City College. One of the boys fell off his bike at Genesee but he did OK. He actually fell off of his seat and dragged his feet sitting on his top tube.

We took Hearst to Circular and crossed to San Jose. The boys managed well but I was very surprised it happened. The freeway crossing there has a protected bike path but it’s still insane.

At Randall it was really hard – I had to get ahead of them and make certain they know where to go. We rode up Tiffany and then onto Valencia. Some driver yelled at us.

We found the group I was looking for waiting at Elizabeth Street. New people were there but there were quite a few people I knew. One person, who had put on events I had participated in had come with a friend. I had to take the boys for a walk twice but it turned out great. A noted archivist had came too.

The boys were happy when even more people we knew showed up. However, they got crabby so we left. The boys rode Valencia and were really good. They had ridden nearly 15 miles around SF. At home getting inside was hard but OK. We were alone together. We had TV and pizza. We had ice cream and then went to bed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment