Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Climbing Mountain Charlie

On April 3 of 2022, I wrote that the night before I went to Santa Cruz’s The Jury Room Bar which I noted was near the Hampton where I was staying. Later I stopped at the donut shop across the street before going to bed.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I had just woken up when a local acquaintance texted and a short while later we met behind the hotel. We rode to the market in the middle of town and he bought me some coffee. We sat in the market and talked about how we know each other, Twitter, our personal lives and children. We noted the people that we had in common.

We also discussed some travel stuff, getting between places. It was nice to connect with someone I had interacted with for years on Twitter but had never met.

We rode over to Lulu‘s and I noted that we were able to connect a bit better. A short moment later his friend showed up and we talked before I said goodbye and rode back to the hotel. Then I rode up Plymouth Road to Scotts Valley for a coffee. I went to the Lulu‘s that he told me to go to. A short while later I rode over to Glenview and took a short break before starting my climb.

When Glenview topped out I caught my breath. I had to descend to Bean Creek and then I started climbing Mountain Charlie. Some ladies rode past me. I stopped every 20 minutes. The views were spectacular. I really enjoyed myself. At the top I made a few stops but kicked myself for not bringing food. When I got to old Santa Cruz Highway I pretty much wanted to go home.

I had a few stops after that but was racing for the VTA. I ended up following a lady at one of the reservoirs. She had a pink basket.

I took a green train to Diridon. Whole Foods wouldn’t let me bring my bike inside. I had a beer on Caltrain while tweeting.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment