Monday, June 19, 2023

Thatcher Hotel

On May 6, 2022, I wrote that that morning I was up at 6:30 and school drop off was really easy. I went straight home and send a few quick work emails before getting ready to go on a new adventure – this time to the town of Hopland in Mendocino County.

I shut the computer down and got a cup of coffee at my local cafe before boarding a Golden Gate Transit 101 bus to Santa Rosa. I had been worried about the transfer but it turned out just fine.

On the way to Mendocino County, I took photos of Preston and Frog Woman Mountain before arriving at Thatcher Hotel and checking in. The place was really nice. I logged into a work conference and sat through the whole thing in the lobby drinking coffee.

Later on I discovered the town closes really early. Both of the local restaurants turned me away at around 815. Thankfully I was able to have a snack at the hotel. I also did a little shoping at Hopland Farms.

After that I just hung out at the hotel bar. They were OK people but only the bartender was interesting. When the bar shut down and everyone went to bed the hotel lobby was mine for the rest of the night.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment