Friday, October 7, 2022

Headed to San Pedro

On November 21 I wrote that I met my companions in the lobby for breakfast at 9:15 and then we checked out at 11:15.

When we rode out we followed the frontage on Highway 1 to Miramar. It was only hard in one place. We considered coffee there but decided to ride to Princeton and go to La Presse in El Granada. A couple of us had bagels but one person had crab.

We rode to the road named “Farmer’s Daughter” via couple of dirt paths and ended up at Ridge Road. From there we climbed to Alamo on a horse path. We debated this route but determined San Vicente Creek may have been better. When we got to Sunshine Valley Boulevard we headed back to San Pedro.

After crossing the creek we took the easy way. I caught my breath at the intersection at the bottom of the biggest climb where we had the option of taking a shorter steeper route called North Peak Access road. We opted for the easier climb up Pedro Mountain Road to the top. I was mesmerized by the section near the top with several outcrops of exposed rock. I stopped in the shade there.

I met my companions at the top and they put on their helmets before the descent. At Linda Mar we just pushed onwards to Rockaway which was easy. We then visited 7-Eleven near Sharp Park and looked at a number of other routes as options but found nothing

I noted that Palmetto Street was OK. We went through the RV park in Pacifica to begin our climb up Skyline Boulevard which was extremely difficult. I dechained. We all agreed when we got to the top that it was the hardest part of the trip.

We made it to Westmoore very quickly. We looked for an alternative to get to Colma BART but it was not very easy. I rode home from 16th St. BART and we met at bar on Fillmore later to discuss the trip.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment