Saturday, October 15, 2022

Down to Deer Park

On December 18, 2021 I wrote that that morning I was awake at 7:30 or eight. I didn’t want to get up but my companions pretty much took the boys so I left with them.

We went to the coffee shop which had a band playing. We ordered big meals but I just had a pastry. The music was good. I texted people pictures.

When we were done we made a stop at the cigar and whiskey shop before returning to the hotel. I took one of the boys on a walk around the neighborhood to look at the thrift store and running store. I needed a sweater but didn’t find anything.

We then left for Phoenix Lake zigzagging past the seminary. The park was fun and when we made it to the dam there was a van set up as an information center. They provided us with some maps and information. I looked at pipes which had been left behind some of the buildings there.

Later we rode past a log cabin and up Shaver Grade. The mountain bikers were mostly older but sometimes they were antagonistic. I had been worried about time and how hard of a grade it would be but by the halfway point it turned out to be pretty easy. We stopped at the top which was called five corners.

We rode down to Deer Park and had some carbonated wine, sandwiches and snacks. The boys played with a soccer ball rolling around and we looked at the maps from the information center. There were chickens.

We rode into Fairfax and stopped at a taproom for some french fries and a little bit of mac & cheese. The boys were crabby and my phone died. We yelled at motorists on the way back to San Anselmo before picking up ice cream sandwiches.

After I got the boys ready in bed we played music and cards late into the night.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment