Thursday, May 5, 2022

The Ride to Folsom

On June tenth of 2021, I wrote that the night before I was overwhelmed by the task of doing everything on my todo list. I piled all my stuff up and went to sleep at two in the morning.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I woke three times and when I had wrapped my head around the day I tidied. I got on my ecargo bike at around 840 but still almost missed the ferry.

I met my companions on the pier. Once we were settled in I discovered they had done a fantastic job getting the stewards to wait for me. They also told me that the ticket lady wanted to leave us.

At Jack London Square we went to Bicycle Coffee. Then at the train station a guard admired my bicycle. I noted that on the Capitol Corridor the conductor admired my bike as well. Outside of Fairfield I took a break from writing.

When we got to Sacramento we looked for coffee but the station’s Starbucks had gone out of business. However, we found that the ride to Folsom was pretty easy. My companions switched seats a few times and I repacked.

At Folsom we went to a coffee shop and then we had some lunch. The place was different from when I had last visited.

Later we went to Raley's supermarket and bought ramen and beer. I bought this stuff called “giardiniera” a type of Italian pickled veggies.

We rode to the Johnny Cash Trail and stopped to enjoy the breeze and before riding across rainbow bridge.

The ride up to the campground was wonderful but short. We set up our tents and met the hosts. They told us there were no open sites the next day. We did an evening ride across the levees but one of my companions had a flat tire. I towed her halfway and she walked her bike on the last two levees. Dinner was exquisite. We started playing cards after that.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment