Saturday, December 11, 2021

I Settled at McNears

On February 13, 2021 I wrote that morning I awoke at the Healdsburg hotel at 8:30 about and ate breakfast there. I was ready to go by noon. I rode Redwood Highway across the River and under the tracks to Star Street and through Windsor.

I tweeted about the route I took to the airport. I rode gravel on the SMART right of way once. I also went the wrong way on McLaughlin and made up for it on Piner.

I texted with an old classmate and it turned out he was on his way back from Point Reyes. I met him and his girlfriend downtown after I got to Railroad Square. The meal - Indian food in the courtyard outside - was delicious. When I said bye I rode on the new bike paths built through Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park and Cotati.

I didn’t get to Petaluma until late. I rode Railroad and Godwin to the motel before I took McDonnell to the river path. I settled at McNears for an hour.

Later I rode back to my motel on McDonnell and picked up a beer but decided not to drink it. I had to pick my way to the hotel because it was dark when I got there.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment