Friday, September 24, 2021

They collected windshield glass.

On October 24, 2020 I woke that morning the alarm clock went off three times before I made an effort to get up at 7:15. I was out of it. The boys had woken but had yet to rise. I managed to get them dressed and fed before nine.

My acquaintance came over at 9:50 and we were able to leave together with the boys bikes at 10:15. A couple we knew followed us. I shot past everyone and wrote up Fell super fast. We arrived at the Golden Gate Park event together.

I saw a few people I knew from the panhandle. It was great. Another person from the Inner Sunset was there with his son. People from Butter Lap and SF Bike filtered in. I even saw people I knew in North Beach. We rode around the museums twice and then went to the skaters circle.

I gave dad the kids bikes and met my acquaintance at the coffee shop. After that we went to the blue playground. Through much of this my boys did really well. One of my boys rode on the back of my acquaintance’s cargo bike. At Blue Playground, the cyclists I knew were hanging out with a guy who was running for the transportation board.

I managed to convince the boys to go to Golden Gate bridge. We said bye to the other kids and rode away by 11 I think.

I zigzagged to the Presidio and got water at the general store on the golf course. The boys were cool until they saw the bridge and then they rebelled. I had to stop at Mark Miller battery to let them vent. They collected windshield glass.

I tried again but one of the boys still had some reservations. They relented as I rode on.

I got passed by a roadie who had to tell me how to ride a bike.

We went to the sewer plant overlook near Sausalito for a snack. The boys were in great spirits. We went to the discovery museum but they were full so I went to the yacht club and then to the lodge where I got them chocolate. We played in a tree and I took some pictures.

We rode up and over the bridge then. We made three stops. At the toll plaza they wanted to look at the displays and the underside of the bridge. At Emigrant Point I changed my battery and then we rode through the Richmond.

Dad had spaghetti ready at the house when we finally arrived. We did pumpkins and had ice cream after we ate.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment