Monday, September 13, 2021

About my Dream

On October 20, 2020, I wrote that that morning I woke up from a dream where I was hiking a pilgrimage or peregrination. I had left the boys behind. I looked down from a great height to see them calling me. They climbed up to me and we ended up at a friends house in the foothills playing video games.

Ironically an old college classmate from the foothills called while I was thinking about the dream and he told me he would be missing my meeting. I told him about my dream. We had a brief chat.

I went to the coffee shop and later concentrated on work. Later I got more coffee and then I got the ecargo bike out and went to see my father. We ate dinner and argued about politics. I noticed that he was surprisingly emotional as well. I texted with my siblings and niece.

We also discussed family travel and the late 70s and early 80s. He got photos out too. Eventually I went downstairs before leaving. I had a beer in the park and then went home to write.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment