Monday, September 6, 2021

Go to Waller Street

On September 13, 2020, I wrote that the morning that I wrote this the boys got me up at 8:40. I lay in bed for too long. I was making coffee and cereal by nine and by 10 the boys had gone off to make noise elsewhere in the house.

Getting the boys ready for the day was a chore but they were mostly ready by the time my older sister let me know she had caught an N Judah. I was frantic when I realized she was really close.

The three of us ran up to Market and the four of us sat at a cafe for 20 minutes. I wanted to go home but the boys insisted we go to Waller Street.

The boys led us up the steps and into the orchard. I showed my sister the kale in the garden. Some couple was getting married in the dog park. It was really random. We looked at the Skull-Swallowing Bunny and walked back to the apartment where my other sister and the niblings met us a few hours later. My kids were ecstatic. I had a bunch of lunch stuff. My nieces made a toy castle and my nephews were watching the football game and reading a book.

By 430 everyone had gone. I took the garbage down and the boys and I hung out in the back. I made chicken and mac & cheese and the boys ate it.
 
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment