Saturday, April 28, 2018

St. Patrick’s Dinner

On 4 March I wrote that I walked wandering through the mission stopping at the Uptown before going home. My friend had been alone in the house when I returned. I was doing some stuff and it was a little noisy after quiet time. She went to Union Square for flowers when she returned a few hours later it was a bit loud out. She took a nap for about an hour and then we went to the park to hang out before going to St. Patrick’s dinner.

We arrived in the school’s kitchen downstairs and we were told my father was upstairs. We went up and looked for our table. My mother and the family were all over the auditorium. My friend and I had to work hard to get our table because mom and my niece walked up and wanted to talk. When we were seated got us drinks. The noise seemed to follow me around.

I had to spoken to both the old principal and her husband at this point. I bumped into my father’s lawyer and he told me his son my old grade school classmate had moved in with him because of the Santa Barbara fires. I saw some of the parents of a few other grade school classmates too. I was eating pretzels by the handful. I went to the front and interacted with the one of the kids I grew up. I got a second drink as the bagpipes started. My sister and her friends sat with her husband.

When the meal was ready we all sat down. The ladies in at our table helped to keep the noise down. Some of the ladies from nearby tables laughed and pointed at me because that is what ld ladies do. The night went well and eventually my friend and I packed up and we left the same way we came in: through the kitchen.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment