Thursday, May 3, 2018

His Cuckoo Clocks

On March 11 I wrote that I woke up after a full night sleep at seven. I thought my friend had gone but I could hear her in the front room. Later I realized it was actually 8 and daylight savings time. I prepared the leftover baked eggs and a carafe of coffee. At 1030 we got our equipment our and walked through Sunday Streets to the coffee shop on 18th and Valencia.

On the way we saw the bike advocates and someone mistook my friend for a well known bike fashion personality. I also said hi to a couple of people I knew that ride bikes. At the cafĂ© we sat outside and quietly ate our monster pastries before heading to Mission Playground. We watched soccer and cheered on some random mom’s kid. Later, after we returned to the apartment for quiet time, I was sad to be home while Sunday Streets was still going on. However, I fell asleep while playing Minesweeper.

I awoke shortly before my riding partner texted so I told my friend, who had just returned from a run, and walked up Valencia to meet him. I saw a lot of people I knew before we settled in at the South American Bar. We talked about relationships and I was frank with him about his ex. I told the bartender that he was going to have to change the time on all twelve of his cuckoo clocks. We were joined by his roomate and we talked for a bit.

Later I heard my friend was going to Mission Playground again so I said goodbye to the guys and went to meet her. She had an appointment for a haircut so I took over.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment