Wednesday, April 18, 2018

We Arrived in Sausalito

On 19 February wrote that the morning before I wrote this I sat drinking coffee with my friend while she made a meal. She had offered to make me something but I declined. Instead I got us ready for our Larkspur test ride.

I brought our bikes outside and attached the panniers, which I packed before we quietly loaded up. We did everything expertly. We saw a guy with a trailer at Valencia. We talked to him as we went down Market. It was cold and I kicked myself for forgetting gloves. However, the traffic at that time was really great. The going was slow because of my friend’s back wheel. I had to pump up our tires so I was able to figure out that her equipment had wedged her break shut.

We quickly grabbed coffee and put money on our clipper cards before we loaded – I dragged the bikes down stairs – and then fixed I her break. She was quietly looking out the window at the other end of the boat. I hung out with her for a bit.

When we arrived in Sausalito. Then we got our equipment organized and had quiet time as we rode up Bridgeway. I showed her City Hall and at Molly Stones I got us some drinks before we rode to our picnic spot. I was surprised at the weather – it was forcing us to ride a lot slower.

We arrived at the spot faster than I had anticipated. I propped my bike up, unpacked and put a blanket down. I went for a short walk to view the marsh but could still hear our picnic site. We threw stones into the water after that. They made loud splashes. I got some fresh air and it was really great being out. We had made the trip so many times it was splendid. We ate food, had a drink and generally had a good rest.

We consulted the ferry schedule and determined the next boat was sooner than anticipated. We made a quick decision while riding away to take the shortest route, climbing from Blythedale to Horse Hill in record time.

The ride through Corte Madera was good. I went slow because of the circumstances. We had to check on some noise but it was fine. We went under the freeway and over the creek without incident. The ferry terminal was mostly empty in the boat left a bit late.

On board I broke out the second can of drinks – gin and tonic. We quietly ate and played with the folding seats. My friend asked about cargo bikes on the boat. When we were getting off the boat some nice passenger took our photo.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment