Thursday, March 8, 2018

Drove to Soda Springs

On the 28th of January I wrote that the Saturday before the 27th I was welcome at 5:20 but I only managed to leave at six. I was bummed about being late but also how noisy I was. I got to Starbucks and rode the wiggle. Mom and dad gave me chains at the house. I grabbed a bunch of stuff and rode over twin peaks to the green zone in front of the cleaners.

My friend had made piles and boxes so I walked them to the car. I returned to the apartment and grabbed what I needed and conferred with her before driving to the library and Four Barrel and then getting her. I had trouble parking the car but we left on our drive to snow cabin around 10.

It was easy enough to get to the bridge and even Vallejo but the noise was getting to my friend. I noticed we had enough gas to get to Auburn - where I wanted to look at accommodations and transportation options.

We stopped at Ikeda’s and got a meal. My friend was quietly pleased with that. We packed the leftovers and crinkly noisy bags and road to Colfax from Auburn. I wanted to continue reviewing the accommodations and transportation.

We got gas and then drove to Soda Springs. It was really quiet in the car. When we got to smoke out of no one was there. We quietly looked at the house and though my friend was uncertain if we should unload our stuff into the assigned room she relented.

After I had unpacked the car. I had to drink two beers which had fallen out of the car. SOme fellow vacationers arrived in and I started getting lazy. When the rest of the house were back we were really loud for about two hours before it got tedious.

By then we had settled into the room which was far away from the noise. We also got dinner going. I had forgotten my boots so our neighbor said she would help. By 530 we were sitting down to eat. My friend was getting really agitated with me. She started quiet time around seven in the middle of dinner. By 830 we had basically avoided each other. I was nearly asleep in the bedroom.

It was around 830 that I finally made the kitchen living room and we sat around until 1030. I was asleep last. I was feeling cross and uncomfortable.

We woke at six but I got up at eight. I had to navigate the noises in the kitchen and was able to get coffee real easy. Short while later my friend and I assigned tasks and I was alone for a while. I have been super noisy downstairs. Later I ate a meal that she had made and then we switch places.

At 10 o’clock we decided to go outside to play. It was quiet and serene but we managed to fill the silence. After that it was quiet time.

Much later our neighbor arrived while I was writing. They were unpacking until about 230. Our hostess wanted to drive to the store but when her husband arrived she was worried about dinner. He and I went and got groceries before going to the ski shop.

They had wanted vegetables but we needed to check about sleds so we drove back. I shoveled until we learned the veggies had arrived and we only needed small sleds which were at the trailhead.

I shoveled the steps and driveway but got into it and shoveled for the cross-country trail and totally wore myself out. Back at the house I discovered I needed to move the car. Then I entered into the noise and chaos of the common room. I initially tried to sit at the dining room table but decided to tidy the house.

Dinner it was noisy chaos and I resigned myself to things not being perfect. My friend followed my lead and we finished dinner quietly on the couch. All of us started to wind down then and I went from the living room to the bedroom to the top floor and finally ended up in the hall with my friend in the room.

I an OK time. Later we went outside for a breath of fresh air. Later I was collecting information by reviewing maps of Auburn.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment