Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Richardson to the Palace

On October 7 I wrote that when I gave up on being productive at work a coworker invited me to  a happy hour. I stopped at the apartment to accommodate my friend and headed out to meet them in Hayes Valley. We talked about work and our supervisors. They all got calsl from their girlfriends - one of them in Mandarin.  The host was really easy to talk to.

I said Bye before I rode to Hickory to page and up the Wiggle to the Conservatory for Bike Party. I found my comrades.  One of them - a friend of a friedn - had a political flag.

We Arguello to the Presidio and onward to a spot near Pacific Overlook. There I got to know the guy with the political flag. I also gave a helmet back to the guy that had lent it to me.  I spoke to an acquaintance's husband for a little while - I think she appreciated it - he and I had a lot in common.

We descended to Lincoln after I went to find a garbage can. We crossed Richardson to the Palace. We circled inside and hollered at each other. I put my bike with my riding partner. I tried to interact with party leadership.

I hung out with a lot of people I knew. I saw one guy for the first time in two years. I tried to do catch up with another guy but he seemed really trashed. The ride left and I was alone for a bit but caught up to the sweep.  After Fort Mason I quit and got pizza at Nizario's. Then I rode up Grant and took Market home to bed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment