Friday, October 6, 2017

Ready for Gatsby

On 10 September I wrote that I rode my borrowed vintage Raleigh to the 24th and met my friend’s buddy. We waited for the train and a bit later my friend got on at 16th.  She rode with us to Lake Merritt station.


My friend’s buddy and I met a bunch of people at Safeway and I got coffee with a few people from Sacramento and one other person from the Mission District. I skipped getting Prosecco because the supermarket card reader was not working.  Passers by wanted to take pictures because we were ready for Gatsby. I lead us up Hayes and we took East 14th up Haas Street. We went to Victoria Park.


I checked the map and we then headed into Oakland on Myers and passed by food company. We rode up Pleasant Valley and up to the Dunsmuir Estate. There I discovered my mom and sister were there together and some of my companions poured me a drink. I hung out with my family. My friend had gone to Alameda bu was on her way.


In the meantime the others had gotten comfortable. I took my niece for an ice cream. My friend texted to that her old coworker had arrived and I hung out with her. I helped her carry stuff. We sat talking.  Eventually my friend showed up and I was able to get a space for us. There was a bunch of noise at that point but I was in charge.  Everyone was helpful.


We had a sandwich and moved the camp. However, I lay quietly at the original site until I decided to come too.  We hung out with others yelling, running up and down the path.  Some ladies went for a walk in eventually they all got ready to go. I hung out with the people I had arrived with next to a couple that had a really well organized display. They offered us Fernet and I drink all the sparkly wine.


We were ready then and said bye to those who had not gone already before riding the same route back. At BART the Sacramentans boarded first – they had been really worried about the train. I rode with the rest to Civic Center and then rode the bike to the apartment.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment