Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Robin Wiliams' Bike Party

On 090514 I was practically the last to leave the building after work because I was going to Bike Party.  I got off BART at Civic and went to the Falafel place there.  After that I climbed to Fillmore and continued to the Panhandle.  I met the crew and tweeted that I was unhappy.  I was abashed when I found out later that one of my followers noticed and I noticed too that the volunteer coordinator was taken aback by my attitude.  The ride started and we had a great ride to Corona Park.  I felt better about things there.  I talked about dating with one of my friends.  I know I can be rather hopelessness but it is by design.  I refuse to call a girl stupid because she isn't interested in me.  I talked to a couple of others in the group I ride with.  I would note that there can at times be a bit of confusion over who’s who when several sets of people have the same name—especially in the dark on bikes.

There was a New Yorker that I introduced to a friend from New Jersey.  They seemed to like each other.  One of them was a person that I had invited to the Happpy Hour at Zeitgeist I had organized a few weeks earlier.  I told everyone that didn't attend the same thing: It was fun but would have been awesome if they had attended.  That night I also learned that a local ride had fallen out of regular activity and that new blood was needed.

After our conversations the group rode back through Haight.  We saw the 37 bus twice.  At Dolores Park I asked one of the volunteers about how Bike Party was organized lately and later hung out on the slides with friends.  The ride left and I went home after sending thank you messages to everyone.

I had an interesting interaction on the ride home.  I came upon a (non-Bike Party) cyclist and asked about how the bike ride was going.  I learned that they have had been doing it every Friday late at night for 10 years.  I learned that alcohol was involved—maybe a trip to the bar?  I said I hadn’t noticed and but it was clear that I was joking.  I guess if I paid a little bit of attention every Friday night the interaction would happened again like it was brand new.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. I started writing this Notebook Analysis on 090614.  This series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment