Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I went to the bar the other day.

On 090714 I rode to the Mission from the Sunset via the Wiggle and ate wurst and potatoes at Schmitt’s on Folsom.  I had the Augustine and the Jever.  I then went to Shottwell’s and the Uptown where I talked to a regular for an hour.

On 090814 I went to Java Beach and suggested to the barrista that she get a bike.  I played bocce ball in the afternoon and got to know the locals.  My bowling partner and I then rode to the Shamrock.  When I left the Giants were losing to Detroit.  I saw the local bike mechanic and the regulars.

On 090914 I got off of work and the bus broke down on the way home.  I got off at 9th and went to Park Chow.  I had a sandwich and read the NYT and watched the Nats beat the Braves.  Then I went to the Shamrock.  I bunch of people I knew were there for a friend’s bday.  An old classmate was on her first shift ever as a bartender and the regulars were getting reacquainted with a lady that used to tend bar there.  The A’s lost.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment