Friday, March 23, 2012

Yo-Yos

I had been riding the “homeless bus.” This is where the homeless “yo-yo” the owl bus until the early morning. I have never particularly enjoyed riding the Owl—especially during the morning commute. This was my first day at work after learning that we would no longer be making overtime. This was a bummer because I had been trying to make up for the loss of time from my trip to NY. My notes for this period were incomplete because I had received a phone call from an old friend while I was writing them. I remember climbing the stairs on the phone with a bike in my hand. I am still amazed that I was able to run for the train. That day for some reason I thought it was necessary to record what the Transbay Terminal looked like before they built the giant skyscrapers.

This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life. I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment