Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Grandmother’s Interment

I spent a day with a sales associate from a “marketing firm”. I thought that this was ironic because we were actually walking around a suburban community trying to get people to switch cable providers. I couldn’t really understand how this made them a marketing company. They called it my first “interview” and told me at the end that I was hired and would be paid on commission. I suckered myself into believing that I would take the job even though I knew I would change my mind after I came to my senses.

I later met up with a few friends. It was fun but old. I had a tie on and was bored and tired. I went to my grandmother’s interment the next day with my family. Since then I have been separating the chapters for my thesis and developing a set of steps to finish it. I like to use my blog as a sounding board in the process.

This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life. I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment