Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grandma’s Memorial

I have decided that my grandmother’s death caused me to put off my job search. However, in preparation for beginning again I have identified a set of jobs search criteria that may be useful. My whole family came down for the weekend of the memorial. My siblings and I hung out at my little sister’s house in the Parkside. The next day many of us went to a Giants a game. I had a couple of guests and we agreed to go meet at Bike to Work Day.

The memorial was at a home in San Mateo County and many people came to pay their respects. We had dinner with my uncle. I noticed that while many are sad about the death of our 104 year old matriarch there are few tears. My siblings and I ended up having a real discussion about our relationships and this really sparked an understanding of who I am in relation to everyone. I remember a discussion of “doing" over “talking about” things. We also had a funeral at Lillian’s church and a reception in Parkside.

This is a photo of my brother David after Grandma’s memorial.

This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life. I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment