Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Catch San Francisco Bike Party

On December second, 2023 I wrote that the night before I went home from work and I had just enough time to ride to Kearney Street on my cross check.

I saw some people riding market street along the way and they led me up Columbus to catch San Francisco Bike Party at Beach Street. We paused at Ghirardelli and then we went up Polk Street. People greeted me along the way.. The ride went up Broadway before heading to Japantown for the first stop. I saw people I had met on Butter Lap and the Mystery Ride. I also met the ride leaders. An acquaintance of mine, who I had hoped to see had a flat so went hom.

When the first party stop ended, we headed up Steiner to McAllister and then over to Baker and Fell where we made a mess of traffic. At Conservatory of Flowers we hung out in the middle of JFK Drive, which I thought was novel. I introduced new people to everyone. I handed out beers and reconnected with people.

A lot of people from the east bay were there and I was impressed with how they all knew the SF people. The ride headed to Union Square but I noticed a lot of people stayed behind. Union Square was really great because of the Christmas carols and the tree. I chatted with people I wanted to talk to and headed home after saying bye.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment