Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A Picture of The Plow

On February 7, 2023, I wrote that I woke to my alarm at six and got the boys dressed, grabbed our bags and hopped a 14 bus to the Amtrak bus. At Second Street I got myself some coffee and pastries for the boys. We got the front seats on the bus.

I took pictures of the ride and I posted to Twitter and mastodon. In Emeryville I had to go across the street to get a second coffee. My boys were displeased they didn’t get a cookies so I got them a snack at the station.

After we boarded our train to Truckee, I broke up the bags and found us good seats. Then I plugged in to my meeting for the workday. I set up all of the documents to review. However, by Davis the seating arrangement got stale so I switched to the snack bar. It was weird on this train because the snack bar had to be canceled so the train had two dining cars.

The boys only fought a little on the way to Roseville. I got the photos of Sacramento – the big yellow bridge. I got a picture of the plow too. I quit my meeting at Auburn because the reception was terrible. The boys rebelled at some point too but I bought them some chips and left them alone.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment