Thursday, June 23, 2022

We Rode to San Anselmo

On July 9, 2021, I wrote that after I got home and gave the boys the wind down I sat around dreading the trip I was planning to Marin. Unlike the trip to Folsom, I had no support and no set itinerary. In the end I just went to bed after a short time alone.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 7:45 and miraculously had enough time to get packed and the kids dressed and fed. I skipped making coffee but I did toss the garbage.

The ride to the ferry building was easy. Bluebottle did not really help – I wasn’t able to get my coffee before it was time to board. The terminal was different so I had to unpack and carry the bike up to the deck.

At the landing when we were loaded I went to Starbucks and we hung out in the play area. The boys and I stopped at the ferry terminal to confirm the schedule for when we were going back.I sent messages to friends and then we went to New Wheel to fill my tires. Then we went to a supermarket to get some sunglasses and a few other things.

When we were ready, we rode to San Anselmo and checked in to the hotel there. By the time I finished writing, the boys were being crazy in our room and we needed to visit a park.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment