Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Golf with The Boys

On June 26, 2021, I wrote that that morning I woke up and got the kids dressed faster than previously. They went downstairs and started harassing their cousins but I managed to keep them from doing it too much.

I made them cereal and bad coffee after toast and eggs. A short while later my older sister and I made a plan to go to Twain Harte. On the way I told her about my life and made a quick call to dad. When she dropped us off and returned to the lake with my nieces. My brothers-in-law had taken my nephews to the river.

I had a cup of coffee and brought the boys to the pool. We spent most of the pools business hours swimming. Just like the day before, I enjoyed the people watching. Though they initially seemed averse to doing so, the boys got in pretty quickly and they both showed me how good they were at swimming.

Dad showed up a few hours later. I let the boys have one more quick swim and the four of us went to the ice cream shop and I took the kids to the playground until my older sister showed up. My younger sister said dad had pooped out, got dinner alone. I also learned that he had gone home without me and had left me the car.

Eight of us played mini golf with us then. It was a really cute experience because we had to let everyone else play through. When the game was over my older sister sat in the fourth seat in dad’s car and the boys fell asleep as we headed back to Cold Springs where my younger sister’s husband had prepared a barbecue dinner.

One of my nieces had tried to help me offer food to the boys who were crabby. Later I started winding down. While everyone else played trivia or cards. We had fun. I started drinking orange juice. We watched anchorman.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment