Saturday, June 4, 2022

The Cold Springs House

June 24, 2021, I wrote that I had had trouble sleeping. The sun was blazing through the window and I had to adjust the curtains. The boys got up and snuggled and then became crazy everywhere in the house. Dad made coffee.

I made the boys Cheerios, tidied and cleaned the counter and stove. I did dishes and eventually dad started to leave for milk and I insisted we all go together. We stopped at the local cafe and the gas station (all of which I remembered well from childhood and college). Then we made a plan to bring the boys to the pool. I also had a brief phone call with my younger sister who would be arriving later that day.

We returned to the cabin. Dad called his cousin and I cleaned a lot. The boys got into trouble almost continuously.

When our stuff was more or less packed and I had a bag for town, we got the boys into the car and went to the pool. Dad went to the supermarket and I got a coffee. Then I took the boys to the pool and stayed there for a couple of hours. They didn’t want to do much swimming but I eventually got them to jump off the edge and do some paddling. They got more brave eventually.

Dad came and got us and we I got the boys some candy. We went to the cabin and I started packing for the Cold Springs house my younger sister had rented. I noted that she had nearly arrived.

I drove dad, the boys and I the pizza place in Cold Springs then. It was the first time I ate in a restaurant in about 1 1/2 years. I got a salad and had a piece of pizza. I was so happy with how the boys were behaving that I got them Pepsi. Dad gave them fries. One of the boys asked for chips which it turned out were actually on the menu and called home fries.

The boys made a mess but so did my niece. Dad dropped us off at the rental and went back to his house. My niece read paw patrol to the boys. I made our room and wound down before sitting outside with my brother-in-law and older sister and her family. I noted that her daughter would be arriving the next day with her best friend.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment