Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Mom was Playing Piano

On May 9, 2020 I wrote that Dad made coffee while I traveled to see him and when I got there we quietly hung out with my sister and her husband until mom got up. A short while later we moved her bed into the garage to prepare for the hospital bed’s arrival on Monday.

I quietly served chips and sandwiches. My nibblings arrived as mom was playing piano. Then a bit later it was quiet time and we quietly played bocce ball in the backyard. After that we puttered around the house with mom in the living room.

There was a bunch of candy. By four my sister and her husband agreed to have dinner at my apartment so we said goodbye to mom and quietly drove mom’s car to the apartment. We ordered Burmese from around the corner and set up the kitchen. The meal was delicious and I offered kefir for everyone’s quiet enjoyment.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment