Thursday, May 20, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me

On May 12 of 2020, my birthday, I noticed that the previous night I dictated until late and watched Doctor Who. I went to bed at around one in the morning.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I got up at 8:30. I brushed my teeth, which was painful because I was battling an infection. Luckily the dentist had called me back despite pandemic hours.

At 10 I made coffee and ate. My friend called to ask for help I couldn’t give. Her impatience with me was tough since she hung up and I had to call her back. On that call I started crying and she hung up. Later I did a quiet FaceTime and she sent me a message apologizing.

I had a call with my older sister. She said happy birthday and I told her about my day. She said my nephew might make a cake. Many people had sent me text messages and tweets about that. I had a FaceTime with mom. I texted my niece.

I went to the cafe and had a coffee.

My younger sister called to say mom had improved. She also told me that my uncle had called her but his anxiety had made mom upset. My younger sister was headed to the store. I told her I would be in on Wednesday and walk back to the apartment from the coffee shop.

My old college classmate and his wife both said happy birthday to me.

Around two I took some time to myself and I saw tweet messages and that was nice.

One of my acquaintances from Geobeers called me. We sat talking for about a half an hour.

At 4:15 I made dinner. My younger sister texted and I listened to a podcast. I took a short nap because dinner was too big. I returned to working on my procedure.

I lay down again and read about relationships. My friend texted me in the middle. I thought it was ironic. She had texted happy birthday and I said thanks.

I finished my template leaving the analysis section open. After that I noted that I wanted to work on the internal document.

I did dishes and prepared to go on a walk. However I brushed my teeth and decided to email my doctor. Then I went to Alamo Square and had some beer and walked back to the apartment to watch Doctor Who.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment