Sunday, May 23, 2021

Mom Sat with Us

On June 6 of 2020 I wrote that I was watching Doctor Who until nearly midnight the night before and work at 1:30 and two to my body feeling funny. I got up and had some water and was worried for a half hour.

I woke at 6:30 but didn’t get up until nearly 8. I got a meal down and decided to get coffee later. I rode my bike to the periodontist. I know that Union Square had become off-limits because of the curfew.

I later learned that the curfew would be lifted the coming day. There were barriers and cops but the office was open for my appointment. The dentist had me fill out a form and told me I had deep pockets in my gums and some bone loss. We made an appointment and I went to Mercury. I worked for a few hours before going back for another coffee. I was alone at the apartment for a while. I noted I was planning on going to mom’s after I was done writing to see my older sister.

I made a sandwich and had a smoothie. Packing was hard and took too long. I rode the Wiggle past well heeled marchers and crowds. There were a lot of cars on Fell Street. Some little kids started talking to me while I tweeted at the waterfall. I saw an acquaintance on Overlook Drive. My sisters were on a walk when I arrived. Dad was with mom who was sleeping.

When my older sister returned she asked me to make a salad and then we ate. After we opened some wine, mom sat with us and we had a moment together. It was good.

Mom had to get up and go lay down around them. My older sister helped her. We had a discussion of police brutality then. My older sister started the dishes but had a call with her son which I had to finish because mom got up again. My sister ended up reading mom a story which was really great. Dad was complaining that the neighbors were standing on the roof. My older sister and I discussed law and marriage until late.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment