Saturday, January 9, 2021

Cross Country Ski Trip

On February 4 of 2020 I wrote that that morning I woke to pancakes. I ate and helped around the house until my hostess started getting us ready to go on a cross country ski trip.

I rented cross country skis and we got out on the trail. Originally we were going to Sugarbowl but we decided to visit kid lakes. I remembered some of the runs from my last visit. Later though we connected to a new trail.

I looked on the map and found the trails wandering all over but they were easy. We took a trail to a warming hut and I was able to take a layer off. We had a sandwich and coffee. We took the shortest route back near the railroad tracks and that involved a lot of hard climbing but it meant we got back around closing.

I walked to the house pretty slow. When I got there we were starting dinner. I had a drink as we prepared to eat. The food didn’t sit well so I took a nap later. I helped wind down and then some of us played Scrabble.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment