Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Pancakes and Coffee

On July 27 I wrote that when The Larkspur Ferry docked it was still light. I got a good look at the passengers disembarking as I went over the pedestrian footbridge and up to the tunnel. The ride through the Canal District was hard but I knew the route well so I rode fast.

I did the same up Point San Pedro. At some point I realized the loud local gravel mine had imperiled my tires. I knew as I was to The China Camp State Park entrance that the residential route was better.

I had less volume with an easier claim. Someone in a BMW was following me as I rode out of the park road. It was annoying to deal with traffic in twilight. The views at sunset were wonderful.

At the site I made new acquaintances. The hostess fed me Tamales. There was beer and whiskey. I met some local celebrities and a  couple stayed up late with me.

I slept on the ground and managed well enough. The key was wearing a sweater and the wool socks. The two mats were also good. There were raccoons.

I woke up at seven or 730. There was nearly immediately coffee and they offered everyone milk. There were a lot of pancakes which just kept coming.

I got to know everyone pretty well. Eventually the pancakes and coffee were gone. My host had gone off on a lark but when he returned we agreed to go to the historic village in the park with a couple of others.  The ride was great. I said bye at the village. I made the ferry with three minutes to spare.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment