Saturday, November 9, 2019

Knot Hole Gang

On June 16 I wrote that Friday night my friend had stopped by and helped me go to Bike Party. I texted a bunch of people and one said he was going.

I made it to North Berkeley at the right time I thought but the route was empty. At Marina Park I checked and found I had gone backwards. I went to the bridge and found the party just returning from treasure Island.

The ride returned to Marina Park. I saw a lot of people I knew. I tried to leave early but that didn’t happen. I had a great conversation with one of the organizers about sound equipment.

On the way home on BART some guy yelled at one of the riders about his music. A fight ensued and the guy hit me in the back of the head. His phone got destroyed. I missed my train.

When I got home my friend was going to sleep. We talked a bit.

The day before I wrote this in the morning she was up pretty early and had gone running. I had a hard time waking up but it was OK.

When we were ready for our day we walked up to the coffee shop. She said goodbye and went to work. I had a second cuppa coffee and walked around the Waller steps before having some quiet time at home.

Around two I packed up and headed to the ballpark to meet an acquaintance. I ran from the 49 to the 47 but Barry Street was quiet. We called the place next to the valet the “knot hole gang” but I am not certain that name is typical.

We quietly watched two innings before going to the nearby marina for a beer. I went home after that - quietly fighting the crowds on the 47. That walk was not fun. I cleaned up, ate food and was alone together before winding down.

My friend was home by then. I headed out around 930. I had been told to meet some people.  One of them was at Bill Graham and her brother met me near Edinburgh castle. We had some whiskey before they arrived. Then we all went to Kung Fu.

When I got home late that night my friend and I talked about ancient cosmologies.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment