Thursday, May 10, 2018

We saw Angel Island.

On 25 March I took the bikes down and got ready for our trip and for the next two hours made sure the dishes were done and some laundry run. We packed in the front room and eventually brought the bikes down. We texted our companions. Market was strangely easy.

At the ferry the coffee took too long and our companions were waiting at the gate. We parked downstairs on the boat. It was a different deal for this trip going out. I noted that there were lots of happy noises and views of the bay. I was full of energy and voiced as much. People around the boat introduce themselves to us. We drank our coffee and we played catch-up. My friend had seen them only the day before. We saw Angel Island.

We descended to the bikes and quietly packed before being the first to disembark. We fixed our stuff at the waterfront and headed to the local park near the library. Me and one of our companions quietly ducked out and went to Cibo for coffee. We talked about doing taxes.

I got some fresh air while the others hung out at the park. Later we packed up and rode past the baby model. The tall ship installation had been dismantled. We went to a grocer where I got sparkly wine. It was quiet time as we rode through the marshes. One of our companions had a pretty strong recollection of many parts of the ride – it turned out later they had gone from Sausalito to Tiburon.

When we got to the park on the marsh the ladies did a bunch of circling while I unpacked at the picnic tables. We settled in then for a picnic. There was a bag of goodies I quietly looked through. It had obviously been left in the rain the night before. We ate the cheese and sandwiches we had brought. We also drank the wine I had brought. The park nearby was awesome.

A little later we headed up the old railroad right-of-way near Lomita. Horsehill was work and I was surprised my friend had to walk her bike. Our companions were having trouble but they made it up the hill easy. At the top they waited for each other.

After meadowsweet the ride became a challenge. The ride up to this point had been easy but everyone was awake and working hard so we went really fast. At Tamalpais we turned into the Lakeshore Drive neighborhood. It was about a mile of silent riding through the streets when we crossed the bike path at Miller and entered Larkspur. My friend wanted to know why we didn’t use the bike path.

We crossed the bridge over Corte Madera Creek on Bon Aire. We found a spot with an all right view and rested for a little bit before we headed to the boat. While waiting to board I noted that the ride had been great. Our companions said they had enjoyed themselves. On the boat I got us drinks.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment